Discipleship Emphasis: Mentors
Your church doesn't need a youth minister.
Your church needs 5. Or 10. Or 50.
In order to effectively disciple young people, we need to empower adults in our communities to become “co-youth ministers,” in a sense. How? By building a culture of small group discipleship.
The YDisciple Deep Dive will include the following:
- Asynchronous learning with 5 videos sessions and short reading each week.
- Each session will conclude with an actionable reflection and/or challenge for them to complete between sessions that align with the DE objectives for Mentors.
- These sessions will be as follows:
- Understanding the Needs of Teenagers
- What is Small Group Discipleship?
- The Secrets to Success (a.k.a. Engaging Parents and Personal Holiness)
- How to Lead a Small Group
- Getting Started: A Guide for Parish Leaders
- A 1-hour one-on-one coaching session with one of our certified YD Coaches
BONUS: 3-months free access to our Discipleship 101 course after completion of the above course and coaching for ongoing learning
By the end of the Deep Dive, participants will:
- Learn about how the small group discipleship model of youth ministry can empower mentors
- Learn how to identify 1-5 new, diverse adult volunteers to accompany and walk closely with youth in their faith formation.
- Become familiar with our resources to potentially help equip adult volunteers to meet the needs of young people
Cost to participants
|List Price||Cost to TENx10 participants|
|5 Training Videos||$49||$49|
|Discipleship 101 Course||$57||$0|